Monday, December 16, 2013

Fall 2013

Dick is still ushering at the Notre Dame football games and when I am really lucky, I get to go to the games and see him.
Part of Abby's 26th birthday celebration was a winery trip in Michigan.  It was a fun day with good friends.
Dick and I went on a 40th anniversary trip to Crystal Mountain Resort and Sleeping Bear Dunes in Michigan.  We had a great time.
We had an amazing time.  40 is good!
I had my 40th class reunion this year.  We had a great time over four days of celebrating.  We continued the celebration by being in the homecoming parade.  I was lucky enough to ride in the bucket of a fire truck and throw candy.  I was silly enough to think that the bucket would come down and pick me up.  No, that wasn't how it worked at all!  I had to climb up the back and all the way across the top of the truck to get to the bucket.  It was awesome!  Hope it's okay that I used your picture, Den!!
We had a baby shower for Katie.
She got lots of stuff!
Our saddest day of the year was on September 25th when we lost my stepdad Eddie.  He was 91 and had a great life, but we loved him so very much and we miss him every day.
Have I mentioned that I have the cutest grandkids ever!!!!
Lizzy turned 5!
Ryan turned 40 with Footballpalooza!
And then on November 2 (Uncle Ryan's birthday) we had another grandchild.  The beautiful Haley Jeanette Snyder weighed in at 9 pounds 14 ounces and 22 inches of pure perfection.  We couldn't be more happy or proud if we tried.  We love her so much!
 We are truly blessed to have these four little angels in our life.
Then it was Thanksgiving and we were truly thankful.
Little one is already getting bigger.

Unbelievably, it was time for Santa to come to town.
Abby moved to her own place.
For the first time in 39 years of raising kids, Dick and I don't have a child in the house.  Kind of weird, but kind of exciting.
Santa's cutest little helper ever came to the girls night Christmas party at grammy's house.  She was a hit to say the least.  Haley totally completes our family, not that we won't lovingly accept any siblings she may have down the road.  There is just something very special about your child's first child.
I love seeing Katie so happy.  She and Mark waited a long time for  their sweet little Haley.  They are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment